Author Topic: Trying to set up a Windows VPS  (Read 443 times)

Anish87

• Forum User
    • View Profile
Trying to set up a Windows VPS
« on: March 17, 2020, 04:57:38 PM »
Umm... I need help related to Windows VPS. I was trying to hoat my own Windows VPS to see how things actually work. I referred to some tutorials on YouTube too but couldn't get my problem solved. The problem is that when I add a custom IP to the server it disconnects from the internet with the error : "Network Configuration Incorrect"
If anyone knows how to fix it please help.
Regards,
Anish87

ELK

• Community Admin
  • Forum User
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to set up a Windows VPS
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 06:57:01 PM »
I didn't exactly get it, but i somewhat understood that you tried setting up your localhost as server along with assigning it some custom ip or stuff right? If that's a yes then you can't obvio do that, and it will obviously not work. You can't assign your server with different IP, it can only use the IP assigned on your localhost network.

Anish87

• Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 09:57:51 PM »
Well yeah, you're right but then how can I get a static IP. I mean if I try to host a VCMP server and the IP changes everyday or so... Is there any solution for that?

ELK

• Community Admin
  • Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 10:13:06 PM »
Well yeah, you're right but then how can I get a static IP. I mean if I try to host a VCMP server and the IP changes everyday or so... Is there any solution for that?

You shouldn't be hosting a vcmp server on your localhost in the first place. About the static IP thingy- You need an ISP who provides static IP. There's nothing you can do about it except for switching your ISP.

Anish87

• Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 11:33:01 PM »
Oh ok. Thanks for the info. Lock this topic if needed.

Dr.Danny

• Community Admin
  • Forum User
  • Take Risk or Lose the chance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 11:51:15 AM »
Problem solved,Locked.
Im Funny!
Love me or Hate me both are in my favour,if you Love me i'll stay in your Heart,if you Hate me i'll stay in your Mind.